Position Title: Manager of Settlement, Integration and Family Services
Location: 400 Cooper Street, Suite 2000, Ottawa, Ontario
Reports to: Executive Director
Salary/Rate: $60,000 – $75,000
The Ottawa Chinese Community Service Centre is a non-profit, non-partisan, charitable organization committed to advancing the full social and economic integration and participation of newcomers, immigrants, refugees, and people of Chinese descent in the City of Ottawa.
The Manager of Settlement, Integration and Family Services is responsible for the coordination of the day-to-day operations of all programs and services within the department.
The Manager of Settlement, Integration and Family Services participates in program development, tracks deliverables and outcomes, report writing, and data analysis. Reporting to the Executive Director this position also engages in various community collaborations and ensures services are responsive to emerging client needs.
Case Management, Program Monitoring and Planning
- Work closely with the Executive Director to ensure OCCSC is delivering relevant and culturally competent services and meeting the needs of immigrants and refugees in Ottawa
- Develop, implement, and evaluate long-term and short-term program plans to meet newcomer community needs for settlement and integration services
- Manage program delivery to meet program outcomes and contractual agreements
- Conduct program evaluations as required by funding contracts and OCCSC policies
- Coordinate services delivered by program employees at various off-site locations
- Ensure collection and entry of service data into an agency database and the reporting of all relevant data into iCare and other funder reporting systems on a regular basis
- Work with other program Managers to ensure collaborative client service and program delivery
Administrative and Budget Control
- Prepare and monitor the program budget (up to and above one million). Monitor cashflow and expenses of programs
- Maintain or direct the maintenance of client file and data and all relevant departmental files and record including client database
Staff Supervision and Training
- Recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate all staff within the department
- Ensure OCCSC one-to-one services are practiced within the Code of Ethics of the Canadian Association of Social Workers
- Cooperate with the local universities to offer student placements and take part in joint research and educational initiatives, as needed
Networking and Advocacy
- Develop and maintain partnerships with other community service providers
- Provide advice and expertise to various agencies and communities to address needs of the newcomers and build a welcoming community for newcomers
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master Degree in Social Work or Equivalent
- University degree in Social Sciences, Humanities, or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum 3-5 years of managerial experience, preferably in settlement service sector
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in immigration policies and issues pertaining to successful integration of newcomer, settlement issues and barriers experienced by newcomers
- Experience and knowledge in working within the Chinese communities and with other cultural groups
- Proficiency in budgeting, program development, delivery, and evaluation, preferably in a non-profit, community-based setting
- Knowledge of local systems, services, and resources relevant to newcomer settlement
- Demonstrated ability to integrate in-depth knowledge of equity, access, and anti-racism into all aspects of program and policy development
- Highly developed communication skills, with an ability to communicate with a broad range of stakeholders from community representatives to partners agencies and program funders
- Fluency in English is essential
- Fluency in Mandarin and Cantonese a strong asset
Application Process & Deadline: Please send a cover letter and a resume formatted as [Last Name, First Name for POSITION] to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 29, 2021 by 5:00 p.m.
If at any stage in the selection process you require special accommodation, please let us know the nature of the required accommodation.
Due to the high volume of applicants, we can neither confirm receipt of nor respond to inquiries regarding your application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.