Tell us your OCCSC story
In 2020, the Ottawa Chinese Community Service Center (OCCSC) will celebrate its 45th anniversary. During this journey, OCCSC has committed to helping newcomers with full social and economic integration into Canadian society.
With the evolution of time, OCCSC has added many services and programs. OCCSC started by only helping Chinese immigrants, but now serves newcomers from more than 100 different nationalities. 2020 is also a very special year, during the COVID-19 pandemic; OCCSC continues to provide services to newcomers in need through email, telephone, ZOOM and WeChat for on-line trainings, workshops and virtual group activities. To help isolated seniors, OCCSC also works with our community partner (OCMA), to deliver groceries and medical supplies through volunteers.
To celebrate OCCSC’s 45th anniversary, we sincerely invite you to search the memory banks, look back at your past experiences, recall the moment you were first introduced to OCCSC, or recall the help you received this year during the epidemic, and share your OCCSC story by words, pictures or videos.
Time: from August 15 to September 15, 2020
Topic: (Please select one)
1. OCCSC and Me
2. OCCSC’s help under the Covid-19 pandemic
You can be a client, volunteer, event participant, or long-term partner. For example, how has the services provided by OCCSC changed your life and work? How has OCCSC solved your problems, how has OCCSC helped you better integrate into Canadian life? It can also be your experience in cooperation with OCCSC, etc.
Submissions and requirements:
1. Short essays or poems: (Word file within 300 words)
2. Short text and photo: (Word file should be within 300 words, photo size should not exceed 5MB)
3. Short video: (no more than 60 seconds, movie size no more than 9MB)
• Electronic Participation certificate will be provided
Selected Testimonial Participants:
• Will receive an award certificate
• The testimonial will be published on OCCSC social media platforms (including the monthly newsletter, our WeChat public accounts, and CHIN Radio Mandarin program.)
• The testimonial may be published in the OCCSC 45th Anniversary Booklet
• Will receive an OCCSC 45th Anniversary souvenir
• All testimonials: must be original work of the participants themselves and do not infringe any intellectual property rights.
• The copyright of all testimonial belongs to OCCSC.
• OCCSC reserves the right to publish selected testimonials in media
• With a submission you give OCCSC consent to publish without payment or copyright fees.
Please send us your testimonial with your name in English and Chinese (if applicable)
Include: Your name + email + cell number + address
Send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Inquiries: 613-235-4875 ext. 144 or email@example.com
Established in 1975, The Ottawa Chinese Community Service Centre (OCCSC) is a non-profit, non-partisan, charitable organization committed to advancing the full social and economic integration and participation of newcomers, immigrants, and people of Chinese descent in the City of Ottawa. Our one-stop service centre provides settlement services, settlement services for Middle-Eastern newcomers, language training, In-TAC employment support, pre-arrival services, volunteer and childcare services. Our charitable number is 130918311RR0001.